Swimmer Code of Conduct
1. I will uphold the value of Good Sportsmanship. I will not act disrespectfully towards any coach, official, swimmer from LPAC or another team, or any individual involved with any aspect of LPAC.
2. I will conduct myself respectfully while in the water with others during practice and meet warmups. I will:
- Wait to leave the pool until the last swimmer has finished my heat.
- Shake hands at the end of my heats.
- Avoid kicking, hitting, or inappropriately touching any swimmer or coach in the water.
- Permit swimmers who ask properly to pass.
- Clear the wall for other swimmers to finish their lap with proper form.
- Give my full attention to the coaches and not distract others.
3. Teamwork is the foundation of LPAC. I understand that my actions at practice and at meets will either enhance or take away from the environment of teamwork. I will enhance this environment by encouraging my teammates and maintaining a positive attitude in both my actions and words.
4. I will respect the facilities in which we practice and compete. I understand that destruction of any one else’s property will not be tolerated under any circumstances.
5. I will participate fully in meet warm-ups. I understand that if I am going to miss warm-ups for any reason I must inform a coach ahead of time. If I do miss warm-ups without informing a coach, I may be scratched from the meet.
6. Practice is an essential part of becoming a better swimmer. I understand the more regular my attendance the better swimmer I will become.
7. If I arrive early for practice, I will wait quietly until it is time for my practice to start. I will not disrupt the practice that is occurring while I wait.
8. I understand that the coaching staff has the final say on dual meet line-ups. While I may ask to swim a certain event, that is not a guarantee I will swim that event.
9. I will be a responsible goodwill ambassador between the sport of swimming and the public, as well as represent LPAC in an appropriate manner.
Parent Code of Conduct
1. I will practice teamwork with all parents, swimmers, and coaches by supporting the values of Good Sportsmanship, Loyalty, Commitment and Hard Work.
2. I will demonstrate good sportsmanship by conducting myself in a manner that earns the respect of my child, other swimmers, parents, officials, and the coaches at meets and practices.
3. I will not coach or instruct my child or any other swimmer from the stands or any other area.
4. I will not interfere with or engage the coaches on the pool deck during practice or swim meets to permit them to maintain their focus on serving all swimmers.
5. I will maintain self-control at all times, fulfilling my role as a parent from the following:
- Swimmers – swim
- Coaches – coach
- Officials – officiate
- Parents – parent (and volunteer)
6. I understand that criticizing, name-calling, use of abusive language or gestures directed toward any coach, official, facilities staff, swimmer, parent or spectator will not be permitted or tolerated.
7. I will support the swimmers, coaches and other parents of LPAC with positive communication and actions.
8. During competitions, parents must not address officials directly. Questions or concerns regarding decisions made by meet officials must be directed to the coaching staff.
9. I recognize that LPAC pays for the facilities and coaching at practice and that participation in practice for which I have not paid and am not scheduled constitutes theft.
10. I recognize that LPAC volunteers - including the Board of Directors - are not paid staff, but are friends and family of our swimmers who make it possible for my swimmer to participate in this team and sport by volunteering their time, talents and efforts. I will treat them with respect and be mindful of their time.